AKWESASNE FREEDOM SCHOOL JOB POSTING
# Of Positions: One (1) position
Term: October 5, 2020 – June 25, 2021
Hours per week: 40 hours per week, Monday- Friday
Workplace: The Akwesasne Freedom School
Deadline for application: September 30, 2020
Must submit a resume and application to the Akwesasne Freedom School office, 31 Indian Village Road, Akwesasne, NY. For more information please call (518) 358-2073 between 8:30am – 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday or email email@example.com.
• 1-2 years’ experience in the custodial/janitorial field
• Ability to understand and/or speak Kanieńkehá
• Ability to communicate and maintain good working relations with all staff and students
• Ability to work effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions requiring the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work while responding to interruptions and changing priorities.
• Initiative and ability to work with minimal direction; sound judgment and decision-making capabilities are essential.
• Must possess a valid drivers’ license
• Criminal reference check is mandatory for this position
• Cleaning - Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing windows, scrubbing tables and desktops, emptying trash cans, sanitizing washrooms, office, classrooms and kitchen
• Grounds upkeep - mowing grass, trimming, weeding, organization of tools, proper storage of all equipment, keeping walkways and entrances clear of snow, debris, etc.
• Maintenance – repair of furniture, equipment, painting, maintaining of school equipment, calling a repair person when needed.
• Safety – Must follow all new guidelines regarding procedures and safety measures for COVID19 for cleaning, disinfecting all commonly touched surfaces throughout the day and a thorough cleaning after students and staff have left for the day
• Assisting staff – tasks may include moving furniture, fixing broken cubbies, unloading deliveries, etc.
• Must be reliable, flexible and have own transportation