Title: Family Worker/Intake Specialist
MOHAWK INDIAN HOUSING CORPORATION Position Available
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, 40 Hours weekly
Salary: $13.22 per hour
Closing Date: Till filled
Native Preference in Hiring
Background check for employment purposes
Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Family Worker/Intake Specialist is responsible for providing advocacy and/or financial assistance to low-income households by utilizing Intake Forms to determine eligibility for services, assess for eligibility for other services and to determine the underlying cause(s) of their crisis. Family Worker/Intake Specialist will work closely with the Housing Occupancy Specialist and will be responsible for creating and maintaining case files and reporting benchmarks or milestones and outcomes.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
• Must be able to lift boxes weighing at least 20 pounds.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Associate degree from a College or University in the field of Human Services or one-year experience working with families needing assistance.
• Have a valid driver’s license and willingness to use own vehicle.
• Position requires a background check to be used solely for employment related purposes.
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to provide professional and courteous service; even in difficult situations.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and innovative.
Due to office being closed to the public, please contact the Mohawk Indian Housing Corporation Main Office, by calling (518) 358-4860.
Application for employment and resume required.
For more information call Mary Jo Terrance, Executive Director at (518) 358-4860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.