PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
(1) FULL TIME POSITION (8) PART TIME POSITIONS TSIIONKWANÓNHSO:TE LONG TERM CARE FACILITY - DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
SALARY LEVEL: OPSEU PSW START $20.31
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Care, Registered Nurse and Registered Practical Nurse, the Personal Support Worker is responsible for providing direct resident personal care and assisting residents in all activities of daily living in accordance with the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and regulations 79/10 and all other legislation. The PSW will provide for the individual needs of the assigned residents in accordance with the residents’ health care plan which maintains or contributes to their quality of life. PSW’s promote optimum level of functioning physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. PSW’s are unregulated health care providers. They work as a member of the health care team under the supervision of a regulated health professional or supervisor.
• Must have a Personal Support Worker College Certification
• Must have current CRC (Basic Rescuer Level C) and First Aid certificate
• Must be current with immunizations, Hepatitis B and Influenza.
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas along with three references submitted on a Reference Check Release form (contact Human Resources) no later than Thursday, May 28, 2020 to:
Michelle Ransom, A/HR Staffing Officer
Administration Building # 1
(613) 575-2250, ext. 2140
• Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
• Native preference in hiring.
• As a requirement of employment all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance Number.
• A satisfactory criminal record check is mandatory prior to the start of employment.
• An eligibility list will be created for one (1) year.