AMBE JOB POSTING
OPEN JOB POSTING INCLUSION SUPERVISOR Salary: Based on AMBE Facilitators Grid
Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Student Services, the Inclusion Supervisor is a professional who assumes lead responsibilities for the direction, coordination and supervision of the Special Education staff and process in the assigned buildings from screening through identification, IEP development and placement to ensure: (1) appropriate identification and placement of students with disabilities and (2) compliance with Board requirements for implementation.
• MS Education and a minimum of Special Ed. Part 1 (Ont. Certification); or
• Certification in Special Ed. K-12 (New York State);
• Completed 10 years of successful teaching experience in a Primary Junior Special education program;
• Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing IEP;
• Supervisory experience – provide written and oral feedback to staff.
• Should be familiar with assistive technology, such as Kurzweil software, in order to support students, or be willing to be trained to use the programs;
• Success For All training and teaching experience is an asset;
• Fluency in Mohawk language is an asset to all teachers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the AMBE key values of integrity, equity and accountability with a focus on:
• Teamwork: working collaboratively and productively with others to achieve results;
• Service Oriented: meeting or exceeding student and school needs;
• Communication: clearly conveying and receiving messages;
• Results Orientation: knowing what results are important, focusing resources to achieve them;
• Planning: setting clear outcomes and indicators of success;
• Cultural Awareness: understanding of, and sensitivity to, the distinct Akwesasne Mohawk community, culture and language.
All interested individuals must submit a letter of interest, resume and copies of certificates/diplomas to:
HR Generalist / Labour Relations Officer
Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Education
P.O. Box 819
Cornwall, ON K6H 5T7
613.933.0409 ext. 1408
Or hand deliver to AMBE Office located behind Peace Tree Mall
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicant must clearly outline that they meet the requirements on their applications and resume.
• A criminal records check is MANDATORY.
• Native Preference in hiring.
• Applicants MUST have a Canadian Social Insurance Number.
• Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• All AMBE employees are required to be eligible to work in Canada and have a valid passport to facilitate daily border crossing.