CLASS "A" TRUCK DRIVER/OPERATOR
FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION ROADS DEPARTMENT OF TECHNICAL SERVICES Salary Level: GST08 ST2 $42,105.82
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and transportation of vehicles and heavy equipment used by the Roads Program. The incumbent will also be responsible for the completion of work tasks related to roads, infrastructure maintenance and construction.
• High School Diploma or equivalent;
• Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated practical work experience related to roads maintenance and construction;
• College or industry courses certification in heavy equipment operation specific to equipment used by the Roads Program;
• Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated work experience in heavy equipment operation, specific to the equipment used by the Roads Program;
• Valid driver’s license -Ontario Class “A” or equivalent with “Z” air brake endorsement, in good standing.
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas along with three references submitted on a Consent to Release Reference Check form (contact Human Resources) no later than 5:00 p.m., Thursday, March 21, 2019:
Shayleen Thompson, HR Staffing Officer
Administration Building # 1
(613) 575-2250, ext. 2147
• Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
• Native preference in hiring.
• A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment.
• As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance Number.
• An eligibility list will be created for one year.