Akwesasne Holiday Helpers Annual Report
(April 18, 2017) As promised, we are fully reporting to the community on the Akwesasne Holiday Helpers activities and funds. We apologize for the...
Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Breaks Ground on New Administration Building
AKWESASNE – On Onerahtókha/April 24, 2017; the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe held a formal groundbreaking of a new 54,700-square-foot Tribal...
Ontario Basic Income Pilot to Launch in Thunder Bay, Hamilton and Lindsay
Ontario is launching a pilot project to assess whether a basic income can better support vulnerable workers, improve health and education outcomes for people on low incomes, and help ensure that...
Applications Being Accepted for John Wesley Beaver Memorial Award
Ontario Power Generation sponsors up to two awards annually, one female and one male. The Award is valued at $3,000 for College recipients and $5,000 for University recipients. All Ontario residents...
Spring Forward Safely!
By: Dan Sweet, 4-H After School Program-Tribal Mentoring/Nutrition Program Educator Now that Spring has sprung, and the snow is finally starting to melt away, the sidewalks are clearing up. As the...
"Shine On! Shine On!" The River Mohawks CD Release Party
Elders at the St. Regis Seniors Center were treated last weekend to some great music from one of our own local performers. The River Mohawks were...
Tsi Snaihne School Celebrates Earth Day
On Monday, April 24th, Grade 3 Tsi Snaihne School students, in recognition of Earth Day, were all smiles and active citizens helping clean up...
- AFN National Chief on Canada's Formal Removal of All Objections to UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- How To Grow Shiitake Mushrooms
- Tribal Council Continues Support of Ohero:kon Rights of Passage
- MCA General Meeting Agenda
- Crane Students to Perform Under the Baton of Internationally Celebrated Artist JoAnn Falletta
- Settlements Announced with 104 Auto Dealers to Provide Notice of Dangerous Safety Defects
- Collapsing Cranberry Prices Force Wahta Mohawks to Close Company
- A'nowara'ko:wa Arena Rink Floor Announcement
- Akwesasne Boys & Girls Club "Staycation"
- TAUNY Writers' Fair to be Held on May 6
- In Honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- SRC MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCES 2016-2017 3RD MARKING PERIOD HONOR ROLL
- 21 Attorneys Generals Call Out Trump's Administration for Abondoning Responsibility To Student Loan Borrowers
- Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe Elders Benefit Working Group
- So Much More Than Seeds and Trees at ATFE Annual Event
- Sixties Scoop Presentation Video
- Photography Exhibit Opening at NNATC
Powless Among Canada's 2017 Sports Hall of Fame Inductees
(April 19, 2017) Toronto – Canada's Sports Hall of Fame revealed the six Athletes, one Team, and two sport "Builders" who will make up the Class...
Soaring Eagles Volleyball Teams Compete at OVA Provincials in Waterloo
Two teams from Akwesasne travelled to Waterloo, Ontario to compete in the OVA Provincials. The three-day tournament began on Friday April 21st and...
NLL WEEK 18: PLAYOFF SCENARIOS
(April 24, 2017) The National Lacrosse League has released playoff scenarios for Week 18 of the 2017 NLL regular season. In the last week of regular...
A Sophomore Day Victory for the Lazers
#1 Men's Lacrosse concluded the regular season with a 35-7 victory over Finger Lakes Community College on Friday, April 21, 2017, at David W. Murphy...
The Amazing Rotary Rally has been Rescheduled to JUNE 3rd
This is a FUNdraiser for everyone who loves a scavenger hunt, photography, trivia, a car rally, or all of the above. Starting at noon, teams will be given a list of challenges to complete before...
Janet C. Moniere
Graveside services will be held for Janet C. Moniere at Calvary Cemetery, Massena, on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 10:30 AM. Janet passed away Tuesday evening, January 24, 2017 at St. Joseph’s Home...
Mrs. Belmore's Grade 3 Pizza Party, Akwesasne Mohawk School
Mrs. Belmore's Grade 3 Pizza Party, Akwesasne Mohawk School. Front L-R: Bradley Lazore, Natasha George, Taylor Roundpoint, Kelly Thompson, Ashley...
Letter to the Editor
Letter to the Editor, I went to the Partridge house in May of 2014 and unlike so many that don’t, I made it to graduation. Since then I have been approached by numerous people discussing their...
Disrupting Fish Cycle
Letter to the Editor, April 25, 2017 Disrupting Fish Cycle The fish cycles in Akwesasne are getting disrupted by natural as well as man made factors, some preventable as well as avoidable. One of...
Other Articles of Interest
- NOTICE OF FINDING OF NO SIGNFICANT IMPACT AND NOTICE OF INTENT TO REQUEST RELEASE OF FUNDS
- AKWESASNE CANCER SUPPORT GROUP 9th ANNUAL 5 MILE RUN/WALK
- St. Regis Mission News
- Attention to any students who plan to transfer to Salmon River:
- AKWESASNE MEDICAL CLINIC SCHEDULE 613-575-2341 EXT. 3215
- FUNDRAISER FOR APRIL BENEDICT
- REVISED DATE FOR AKWESASNE ELECTION LAW PRESENTATION TO COUNCIL
- DR. FORSON MOVING TO KAWEHNO:KE CLINIC
- Protect What We Love - People's Climate March
- Important Dates for the Tetewatska:hon Green Food Box Program
- Relay for Life 2017
- Employment Opportunity - Akwesasne Cultural Center – Museum
- Massena Central School District
- FAMILY WELL-BEING COUNSELOR - AFWP
- FAMILY WELL-BEING COORDINATOR- AFWP
- Water/Wastewater Manager
- Niawen:kowa/Thank you to the volunteers
- Iakhihsohtha Lodge Recognizes Volunteers
- We ought to clean up along the roads on Saturday
- The Story of John Saiowisakeron Fire
- Tota News
- Reader Comic 1
- Reader Comic 2
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT TSIIONKWANONHSO:TE
- A'nowarako:wa Arena Schedule April 27-May 3, 2017